Use Google Maps on the Go: “Biskey Ponds Nordic Ski Trails”
Directions From Duluth/Hermantown:
- Follow U.S. Highway 53 north to County Road 48 (Ugstad Road/LaVaque Bypass).
- Head north on County Road 48 (LaVaque Bypass) to County Road 9 (Martin Road).
- Continue north on County Road 48 (LaVaque Road) to Fish Lake Road (by the Fredenberg Minno-ette).
- Turn left and continue following County Road 48 (Fish Lake Road) west for one mile until you reach County Road 285 (Fish Lake Dam Road).
- Turn left onto County Road 285 (Fish Lake Dam Road) and follow for approximately 2.3 miles until you reach Biskey Ponds Trails on the right-hand side of the road.
- FYI: There is currently no road sign for the trail system, but it will be the only driveway on the north side of the road in that stretch. If you reach the Fish Lake Dam, you have gone about a quarter of a mile too far. There is an overflow parking area by the Fish Lake Dam if the Biskey parking lot is full along with a 0.4 km easy ski trail to the Biskey Parking Lot from the Fish Lake Dam Parking Lot.
Here is a map showing the location of Biskey Ponds Trails on the north side of the Fish Lake Reservoir in Fredenberg Township: